Friday, May 02, 2008

Make Mine Marvel!


Lookee here, at some of the 50 (count 'em) Marvel Masterworks cards I recently finished. These are some of the original art cards that will be slipped into the occasional pack o' cards. Good luck finding them! These were fun to do, drawing some of my favorite Marvel characters for the first time since I was a kid, and others just to revisit since I last drew them professionally. I'll probably post some more of them in the near future... and eventually post them all once they've been published.

BTW, I decided to leave all the pencil lines, unerased, to preserve the "sketchiness" of the sketch card concept. What do others think? Did I do the right thing?

5 comments:

todd said...

hey, rich!

WOW!!!

i don't think you even mentioned to me that you were doing these cards--but what a wonderful surprise!
nick cardy tells me about people wanting to see more of his "cardy women"...well, i think the time has come to recognize the "case women!" (or maybe it should be "case girls"? that has a cooler ring...) i'm so glad to see so many of the marvel femmes under your beautiful, beautiful pencils! each one so distinct and unique yet having that rich case sensibility to her.
really nice!
thanks for sharing these!
todd

todd said...

oh, spidey and wolverine look good too.

t

Anonymous said...

Love the Jean card and of course Clea

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, the Storm card is awesome...something about it...

Anonymous said...

Richard,
I got your sketch of Loki in a box of marvel masterpieces 2008. I really dig the artwork alot on Loki and some of the other sketch cards you have posted here. The set has long sense been released so I was wondering if you can post all of them for everyone to see!

I liked the inks very much and I do like that you left the original penciling. Even if you didn't leave the pencil, I don't think it would be a big deal to anyone because it's very faint compared to the ink.

So, I just wanted to let you know I am enjoying the Loki sketch card drawn by you!

-Justin